CALL FOR THE ISACHD LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD 2021
The ISACHD Lifetime Achievement Award
recognizes sustained excellence in leadership and innovation through long-term dedication and contributions to, and achievements in, the care of adults with congenital heart disease (ACHD).Attributes and criteria
This award is open to people who have had a major impact in the field of ACHD. Nominees should exemplify one or more of the following criteria:
- Career-long contributions with a significant and lasting impact to the field of ACHD
- Exceptional leadership in advancing the care of adults with congenital heart disease
- Extraordinary commitment to teaching and training in the field of ACHD
- Excellence in research and scholarship leading to advances in the health of adults with congenital heart disease
- Changemakers who through their direct influence and actions have fundamentally changed the way we think about and care for adults living with congenital heart disease
The nomination process
Each nomination package should include:
- A nomination letter from an ISACHD member that includes the name and contact information of the nominee and summarizes the candidate’s accomplishments relevant to the award.
- One to three letters of support that identify specific examples of contributions made by the candidate, which qualify him or her for the award. The letter of support need not be from an ISACHD member although should be someone who knows the candidate in a professional capacity.
- Additional documentation summarizing major achievements in the field of ACHD (up to 10 pages) will be accepted.
A complete nomination packet should be addressed to the ISACHD Executive Committee and must be received by March 15, 2021. It should be sent electronically to email@example.com with ‘ISACHD Lifetime Achievement Award’ noted in the subject line.
The award will be presented at an ACHD meeting in 2021.
Adrienne Kovacs, President, ISACHD